On a quiet stretch of 10th Ave. The Pony Bar is packed with an impressive list of craft beers, friendly locals [transplants, rather], barrel tables, and a casual attitude. At once, I feel in my element, realizing it’s all much more Midwest than Manhattan. It’s so Chicago, and that’s a very good thing.
Still need a reason to head to Hell’s Kitchen?
- Every Beer is $5: Most beers are served in 14 oz.
- ‘Merican: Each craft beer on the extensive list was born in the USA
- One Keg Kicks: The aforementioned offering is always rotating
- 4am Closing: There’s no reason not to try all The Pony Bar’s suds
- 4:20 Every day: Daily happy hour until 5:20 with $1 off craft beers
I hadn’t expected a cheap NYC craft beer haven from The Pony Bar, but you know the saying about gift horses and their mouths so I shut mine and started drinking.